Wetlands & Water Quality Regulatory Advisor
- Job ID: 71033714
- Job Family: Operations Support
- Location: Rosemead, CA US
Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Wetlands & Water Quality Regulatory Advisor at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job you’ll serve as a senior technical professional within the Environmental Services Department (ESD) focusing on wetlands protection laws, regulations, and policies, including the Clean Water Act (§§404 and 401), Porter-Cologne Water Quality Control Act, and Fish and Game Code (§1600). You will represent SCE through direct engagement and coordination with federal and state resource agencies including the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB), and the California Department of Fish & Wildlife (CDFW) to ensure compliance with applicable water quality protection regulations.
Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big and work smart!
- Lead project permitting related to dredge and fill activities and vegetation impacts in wetlands and waters.
- Provide project compliance oversight, conduct site assessments, and attend job walks, as needed.
- Establish internal processes and strategies for waters permitting, impact analysis, avoidance measures, and develop creative solutions to operational challenges.
- Lead external consultants performance and guide them on standards and procedures to maximize efficiency and ensure quality of work.
- Analyze and interpret wetlands regulatory changes for potential operational impacts and provide guidance to SCE organization units.
- Represent SCE with agencies and utilities to partner on development of productive and meaningful solutions.
- Develop, support and lead training sessions for SCE organization units.
- Assess compliance performance and risk management through various types of activities and overlapping regulations and business priorities.
- Support on-call emergency response during off hours on a rotating basis throughout the year.
- Bachelor's Degree in Biology, Environmental Sciences, Hydrogeology, Natural Sciences, or a related field.
- 7 years of experience performing environmental or regulatory analyses, consulting, and/or compliance implementation.
- 3 years of experience in environmental compliance and permitting work related to wetlands and Clean Water Act (§§401/404) and Fish and Game Code (§1600).
- Master’s Degree in Environmental Sciences or related field.
- Experience in regulatory permitting in California (including: USACE, RWQCB, and CDFW)
- Experienced jurisdictional water and wetland delineator (i.e., minimum 40-hr Wetland Delineation course, applied project experience).
- GIS data and tools proficiency.
- Effective resource and project planning, critical decision making, results delivery, teamwork, strong work ethic, influencing and negotiation skills, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, and the ability to manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
- Strong commitment to safety values and safe work practices.
You should know
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, and hiring process, and more!
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. For information guides, please reference test 8203. Candidates who have previously passed these assessment(s), in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
- This role may allow part-time remote work, but you must be located in California.
- There are 2 openings for this role.
- Relocation may apply.
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General