- BS/BA in environmental studies, planning, natural resources, engineering or related field.
- 3+ years of experience with environmental work.
- Highly motivated with a client-oriented focus.
- Ability to work independently, and to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
- Prior wetland delineation and field work experience
- An advanced understanding or existing experience in the environmental analyses principals associated with the siting and permitting facilities.
- Ability to work in a team environment with inter-disciplinary professionals.
- Willingness to travel (within the US) 20-30 percent of time
- Must be able to problem solve and think creatively
- Must successfully complete and pass WSP's Motor Vehicle screening
- This role is subject to a client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy. As such, employee may be subject to random drug/alcohol tests. A copy of the client mandated drug/alcohol testing policy will be provided during employee onboarding and is available upon applicant request.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- MS or Ph.D. in environmental studies, planning, natural resources, engineering or related field
- Knowledge or experience with developing state and federal environmental permit applications and supporting documentation in PA, NJ, MD, and/or DE is desirable with a preference given for this experience with power and energy projects.
- Ability to perform stakeholder outreach, public presentations, and public speaking is desirable.
About WSP USA
WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. www.wsp.com/usa
WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee's career.
At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started?
WSP USA (and all of its US companies) is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.