Wetland Scientist - Mason, Bruce & Girard, Inc.
General position summary:
Mason, Bruce, & Girard, Inc., a natural resource consulting firm headquartered in Portland, OR., is seeking an exceptionally self-motivated full time Wetland Scientist who exemplifies our core values of integrity, quality, expertise, and client service. As a team member in our Environmental Services Group, you will support multiple projects, complete and preferably lead technical fieldwork, draft reports, and manage key tasks while serving in a support role for multi-disciplinary projects managed by others. In this role, your major duties will include:
- Conducting all types of wetland-related project work including wetland determinations and delineations, ordinary high water mark delineations, wetland, and stream functional assessments (such as ORWAP and SFAM), and mitigation monitoring in Oregon and Washington.
- Preparing all types of wetland-related documentation including delineation reports, removal/fill permit applications, mitigation plans, and monitoring reports in Oregon and Washington.
- Conducting Natural Resource Assessments and preparing associated reports per Clean Water Services and/or Water Environment Services requirements.
- Supporting other natural resources projects that include botanical and habitat surveys both east and west of the Cascade Range. Some projects are in the central/eastern Oregon high desert and Columbia Plateau regions.
If you have the required skill set and/or experience, additional duties could include project management and oversight, and mentoring junior employees in wetland sciences.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA or BS in Biology, Environmental Science, or closely related natural resource field required.
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience as a consultant and/or scientist in an environmental consulting firm preferred.
- Professional Wetland Scientist or Wetland Professional in Training certification through the Society of Wetland Scientists’ Professional Certification Program is preferred; willingness to become certified is desired.
- Work is performed both within the field and in our Portland office. Employees may work from the Portland office or from home while MB&G develops a plan to transition back from a fully remote environmental post-pandemic. Travel based on project location is required. Field work to be performed in all weather conditions, steep rough terrain, and a variety of settings including open fields and forested areas. Extensive computer use, physical ability to operate a telephone, and sit for extended periods of time; may lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
Contact email@example.com to apply.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level