Mason, Bruce, & Girard, Inc., a natural resource consulting firm headquartered in Portland, OR., is seeking an exceptionally self-motivated full-time Wetland Scientist who exemplifies our core values of integrity, quality, expertise, and client service. As a team member in our Environmental Services Group, you will support multiple projects, complete and lead technical fieldwork, draft reports, and manage projects while also serving in a support role for multi-disciplinary projects managed by others. In this role, your major duties will include:
- Conducting all types of wetland-related project work including leading and supporting wetland determinations and delineations, ordinary high water mark delineations, wetland, and stream functional assessments (such as ORWAP and SFAM), and mitigation monitoring in Oregon and Washington.
- Preparing all types of wetland-related documentation including delineation reports, removal/fill permit applications, mitigation plans, and monitoring reports in Oregon and Washington.
- Conducting Natural Resource Assessments and preparing associated reports per Clean Water Services and/or Water Environment Services requirements.
- Supporting other natural resources projects that include botanical and habitat surveys both east and west of the Cascade Range. Some projects are in the central/eastern Oregon high desert and Columbia Plateau regions.
- General project management duties including project scoping and budgeting, handling client interactions, and invoicing.
- Mentoring junior employees in wetland sciences.
If you have the required skill set and/or experience, additional duties could include project management and oversight, and mentoring junior employees in wetland sciences.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA or BS in Biology, Environmental Science, or closely related natural resource field required.
- At least seven years of progressively responsible experience as a consultant and/or scientist in an environmental consulting firm preferred.
- Professional Wetland Scientist or Wetland Professional in Training certification through the Society of Wetland Scientists’ Professional Certification Program is preferred; willingness to become certified is desired but not required.
- Work is performed both within the field and in an office. Candidates must be located either within two hours of the Portland Metro area or Central Oregon. Field work is to be performed in all weather conditions, steep rough terrain, and a variety of settings including open fields and forested areas. Extensive computer use, physical ability to operate a telephone, and sit for extended periods of time; may lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
Mason, Bruce & Girard, Inc. is a full-service natural resource consulting firm, with expertise in environmental services, forestry, and geographic information systems (GIS). A set of core values guide our work, focusing our efforts on providing responsible, sustainable solutions that meet client needs.
Our areas of expertise include forestry, wildlife, fisheries, wetlands, water quality, and GIS. Our work is characterized by the highest level of client service, the application of the best science and technology, quality processes and results, integrity, and our respect for the natural environment. We provide natural resource consulting services to both industry and government and have done so since 1921.
Join Us/Apply Now
Click here https://www.masonbruce.com/careers/ to apply and send us your resume.
Mason, Bruce & Girard is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or consideration protected by local, state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and any other organizational action. MB&G’s written Affirmative Action Plan is available to all employees and job applicants upon request.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-503-224-3445 for assistance.
MB&G is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Application Link or Email : https://www.masonbruce.com/careers/
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level