Stow, OH - Full Time, Mid to Senior Level
WETLAND SCIENTIST (STOW)
EnviroScience, Inc., headquartered in Stow, Ohio, with additional offices in Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia, is a niche provider of environmental consulting services. We employ over 100 highly skilled and technical employees that develop unique, cost-effective solutions for our clients’ environmental, infrastructure, and regulatory needs.
Our clients repeatedly choose EnviroScience because of our technical expertise, client advocacy, high-quality work, and outstanding reputation with regulators and industry executives.
- Conducting wetland assessments/delineations, stream assessments, terrestrial surveys, and wetland functional assessments
- Conducting Hydrologic Determinations
- Conducting rare/threatened/endangered species habitat surveys
- Coordination with local, state, and federal agencies across Southeast region
- Conducting work year-round in adverse weather and rough terrain
- Developing and submitting project reports and proposals to various agencies and entities, including budget and schedule development
- Independently preparing technical reports and permit documents, and maintaining excellent communication with clients, employees, and subcontractors
- Ability to represent the client’s best interests and support the client and agency permitting needs throughout the duration of the project
- Flexibility for overnight and extended travel
- Other duties as assigned or required
Position and Personal Qualifications
• Ability to support client and agency permitting needs during all project processes
• Other duties as assigned or required
Position and Personal Qualifications
This position is an excellent opportunity for qualified wetland professionals who like diversified project types, possess a high level of self-motivation, and demonstrate enthusiastic leadership
• B.S./B.A. degree in natural science field of study
• 2+ years wetland delineation field experience
• Ability to delineate wetlands independently
• Preparing and submitting 404 and 401 permit applications through federal and state agencies including USACE, DEP, SHPO, DNR, and USFWS.
• Ability to read and interpret resource mapping
• Experience with local and regional flora identification
• Ability to key out and identify plants using plant identification manuals
• Experience with soil classification
• Experience with Global Position Systems (GPS)
• Well versed in state and federal regulations, the 1987 U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Manual, and current Regional Supplements
• Experience with Ohio wetland and stream assessment methods
• Experience coordinating with state and federal agencies regarding threatened and endangered species, floodplain development, historic/archaeological, etc.
• Experience with technical report writing
• Ability to travel overnight
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently
Additional Beneficial Skills:
• Additional background in fisheries, endangered species, herpetology, or amphibians
• USACE 40-hour wetland delineation training
• Experience with agency permitting outside of Ohio
• Experience with AutoCAD or GIS
• Project and/or client management
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
EnviroScience, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please submit a cover letter and resume at www.EnviroScienceInc.com with job title in the subject line. The cover letter should be the centerpiece of the application with the resume supporting evidence of work history and quantifiable experience. The cover letter should be no more than two pages and include specific examples to support your statements and how your experience will benefit the growth of EnviroScience. Please include potential availability to start work should you be a successful candidate.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level