Environmental Corporation of America (ECA) is small environmental consulting firm with offices in Alpharetta, GA and Asheville, NC. ECA provides environmental consulting services primarily within the communications industry and has a nationwide footprint. ECA is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated full-time Scientist with 1 to 5 years of wetlands delineation and/or environmental science experience to support a team of environmental scientists and biologists conducting Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments, threatened and endangered species surveys/consultations, wetlands and waters delineations and permitting, and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) evaluations. This position will require independent research, compiling information from local, state, and federal resources, travel to sites throughout the United States for in-person site assessments, and technical writing and analysis. The position will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to see the country and gain experience in conducting assessments in many different environments.
Characteristics of candidates that would excel in this position would include individuals who value and/or take pride in:
- The ability to track and account for multiple projects with various scopes of work in detail
- Prompt responsiveness to team leads, peers, and clients on project matters
- Committing to and going the extra mile to deliver quality products for customers and team members
- Consistently seeking new and better ways to solve problems and improve processes
- Thorough data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Becoming an expert in the subject matter they are working in
- Taking ownership of his/her professional development and thriving in an environment that requires high accountability across departments
- Working and travelling independently and managing own schedule and travel logistics
- Demonstrating patience, persistence, and flexibility with regard to project and travel assignments
Technical report writing skills and strong computer skills are required. Field inspections of various property types (rural, urban, industrial, etc.), primarily sites under consideration for communications and solar installations, will be required as will air travel and the ability to rent and operate automobiles. The position typically involves approximately 50% field time and 50% office time which may vary depending on client needs.
Field work will require solo travel to remote/rural/urban locations across the United States and may be strenuous at times. Candidates must be in good physical condition and able to navigate large tracts and walk multiple miles over rugged terrain in varying weather conditions.
Travel expenses are reimbursed weekly. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
Salary is dependent upon experience. Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, parental leave, 401(k), quarterly bonus opportunities, and continuing education.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level, Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General