Wetland Ecologist/Project Manager
raSmith is a multi-disciplinary consulting civil and structural engineering and land surveying firm. Our public and private clients come to us for creative and effective solutions for their projects. We work on projects nationwide from our seven locations in Wisconsin, Illinois and California.
Our firm is currently seeking a full-time Wetland Ecologist/Project Manager at our Brookfield location. This is an exciting opportunity as the successful candidate will be assisting us to build our Ecological Services group. This group is a team of ecological specialists that provide our clients expertise in wetland delineation and assessment, wetland and waterway permitting, wetland mitigation/restoration design, native habitat restoration design, botanical and wildlife surveys, tree inventories, and rare and endangered species surveys.
Ecologist/Project Manager – Primary Job Responsibilities:
Candidates should have 8+ years of professional experience in addition to the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of regulatory programs and guidance (working relationships with agency staff is a plus).
- Experienced in wetland and waterway field delineations, as well as reporting and permitting.
- Professionally Assured WDNR Wetland Delineator status is a plus.
- Wetland mitigation and native habitat design experience is a plus.
- Natural resource inventory, assessment and mapping.
- Experience using sub-foot accuracy hand-held GPS equipment to collect field data.
- GIS technical experience is a plus.
- General understanding of computer-aided mapping software (e.g., ArcMap).
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Project management experience (proposal writing, client coordination, invoicing etc.).
Ecologist/Project Manager - Benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, including a Health Savings Account option and Flexible Spending Account options
- Paid Time Off and Holiday programs
- 401k Plan with immediate employee participation and a generous Company Match
- Tuition and Professional Licensure/Certification Reimbursement program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Hybrid work schedule options
Ecologist/Project Manager – Job Requirements and Qualifications:
The successful candidate must also satisfy the following requirements:
- B.S. in Environmental Science or related degree (MS or PhD a plus).
- 8+ years of related work experience.
- Excellent oral, written and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, positive, organized and must be able to work independently.
- Be able to travel as projects require and be willing to work in sometimes difficult field situations.
At raSmith, our culture is focused on client service, quality and innovation. We strongly believe in work/life balance and employee development. These attributes and our family friendly atmosphere have led us to receive numerous awards for both innovative projects as well as local and national recognition as a Top Employer.
We are proud to be an EOE/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disabled employer.
You are invited to visit our website at www.rasmith.com to learn more about our firm and see some project examples, videos and testimonials.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General