Wetland Ecologist – Entry to Mid-Level (Bellingham, WA)
Northwest Ecological Services, LLC (NES) is seeking a qualified candidate for a wetland ecologist position. Qualified candidates should be familiar with wetland delineations, WDOE rating system, habitat assessments, mitigation planning, and monitoring in Western Washington. This is a field position with corresponding office work. The position is part to full-time, 35-40 hours per week.
NES is an owner-operated environmental consulting firm specializing in critical area permitting throughout northwestern Washington. We have been based in Bellingham since 1991. We facilitate construction and land improvement projects by helping clients understand and resolve the complex issues that arise when integrating the built and natural environment. Our clients rely upon our ecological knowledge and local expertise in critical areas permitting to achieve project success and natural resource protection.
- Bachelor’s Degree in biological sciences or closely related field
- Continuing education focus in wetland sciences preferred
- Consulting experience preferred but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using GPS and GIS mapping
- Must be a self-starter, organized, and capable of managing several projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of the Corps Wetland Delineation Manual, Clean Water Act, and local critical areas ordinances preferred
Support the Project Manager in natural resource permitting by:
- Assistance in the field for wetland delineations, stream OHWM determinations, and habitat assessments.
- Preparation of maps and exhibits using GPS/ GIS.
- Prepare technical documents including critical area assessment reports, impact assessments and mitigation plans, and permit applications.
- Mitigation monitoring and reporting.
- Competitive compensation, range depending on experience
- Simple IRA matching, employer health insurance plan, vacation & holidays
- Casual workplace culture that prioritizes healthy work-life balance
- Professional growth opportunities through paid trainings and mentorship
Please provide a cover letter introducing yourself and your background, along with a resume directed to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Review Date: March 6th - Position open until filled
Application Link or Email : email@example.com
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level, Mid to Senior Level