Midwest Natural Resources (MNR) is a natural resources consulting company focused on providing ecological field services. We serve a wide variety of clients including federal, state, and local agencies, private-sector industries, as well as non-profit organizations. We work throughout the Upper Midwest and in a wide diversity of ecological systems, from intact prairie remnants to expansive wetland complexes, to the great Northwoods. Our team comprises highly skilled botanists, wetland ecologists, wildlife biologists, and land management specialists.
MNR is seeking applicants for a full-time wetland ecologist based out of our St. Paul office. This position will support projects that may include wetland delineations, wetland community mapping and condition assessments, post-construction wetland restoration monitoring, as well as hydrology monitoring for restoration projects.
This position is field-based and will include projects within the Twin Cities metro area, as well as extensive travel throughout greater Minnesota and the Upper Midwest for extended periods of time throughout the growing season (depending on project needs), with all expenses paid by the company. Staff work in teams of two when travel is involved.
We desire highly motivated individuals with good communication skills and the ability to work independently and in a team setting. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded wetland ecologist with previous field experience and flexibility to conduct a wide range of natural resource fieldwork.
- Onsite delineation and documentation of wetlands across a wide variety of landscapes following the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual and appropriate Regional Supplements
- Collect, organize, and submit field-collected data on tablets and GPS devices
- Data review and QAQC
- Production of technical reports
- Correspondence with clients and regulatory agencies
- Ability to assist on non-wetland related projects
- Ability to work extended hours, including weekends and extended travel away from home
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Biology, Botany, Ecology, Soil Science, Wetlands, etc.)
- At least 2 years of experience conducting wetland delineations following the USACE Delineation Manual
- Ability to identify regional flora in a field setting
- Coursework in plant taxonomy, botany, and ecology
- Knowledge of soils, hydrology, plant identification, and community classification procedures
- Working knowledge of Esri software such as ArcMap/ArcGIS Pro and Field Maps
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (Biology, Ecology, Botany, Wetlands, Soil Science, Conservation, etc.)
- Minnesota Wetland Professional Certification
- Experience with state and federal wetland permitting and/or mitigation banking
- Experience collecting and analyzing hydrology data
- Proficiency with ESRI ArcGIS and/or QGIS
- Strong background and knowledge in soil science
- Pay range is $62-75K as a base salary, dependent upon qualifications and experience
- Stipend for field gear
- Full medical and dental insurance
- Monthly HSA contribution for eligible employees
- 401K retirement plan with an employer match of up to 5%
- Opportunity for bonus compensation
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, a list of applicable coursework, and three professional references. The cover letter must address how the applicant meets the qualifications and job requirements. Email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Wetland Ecologist Position”.
This job posting will be open until the positions are filled.
For more information about our work, please visit our website at www.mnrinc.us.
Application Link or Email : email@example.com
Job Type : Full-Time, Seasonal
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Entry Level, Mid to Senior Level