Wetland Biologist / Environmental Scientist Position, Kansas City Area
Position Title: Wetland Biologist / Environmental Scientist
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Position Type: Full time, Regular
Terra Technologies is seeking a mid-level or entry-level Wetland Biologist / Environmental Scientist for our Overland Park, Kansas office. We focus on Clean Water Act Section 404 and 401 wetland and stream permitting, mitigation/restoration design, wetland delineation, mitigation banking, biotechnical stream stabilization engineering, and other environmental compliance permitting. We also offer services related to low impact development, erosion control, and storm water pollution prevention plan creation and inspection, endangered species audits, cultural resource surveys, and habitat restoration projects. For more information, please visit our website at www.terratechnologies.com. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Position open for immediate hiring upon finding the right individual.
Primary Job Duties:
- Assist with wetland delineation and stream system jurisdictional assessment field work, and report writing in support of Clean Water Act Section 404 and 401 permitting
- Assist with monitoring of wetland and stream mitigation sites including large-scale mitigation banks throughout central and western Missouri and eastern Kansas
- Assist with report preparation for mitigation banking proposals
- Construction oversight of wetland and stream restoration/stabilization projects
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Successful candidates should possess all or most of the following qualities and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, ecology, botany, soils, or other related natural resources field.
- Experience with wetland delineation, native plant identification, soils, stream geomorphology, aquatic ecology, Clean Water Act permitting, etc.
- Enjoyment of being outdoors. Experience and willingness to work outside in all times of the year. This position will at times involve travel within Missouri and eastern Kansas with extended work hours.
- Good sense of location, map reading skills, and navigation.
- Interest in ecosystem restoration
- Proven report writing skills
- Effective spoken and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. AutoCAD and ArcGIS experience are a plus.
- Proven ability to manage time effectively and to prioritize tasks
- Experience working independently and as part of a small team of professionals
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities and schedules in a customer service oriented business environment
Send a cover letter and resume to Danny DeAngelo via email at email@example.com. No phone calls or submissions by U.S. post please.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level, Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : ""