Stream Design Professional
As a Stream Design Professional for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you will manage projects and project teams to navigate today’s complex environmental regulatory landscape, helping our clients to achieve and maintain compliance with regulatory standards. In this role you will manage and design stream and wetland restoration projects using natural stream design principles and techniques. You will also routinely prepare stream and wetland construction drawings and specifications and yearly monitoring reports; oversee construction of projects, ensuring compliance with the design criteria; and serve as a mentor to junior staff and educate them on field data collection, design parameters, and regulatory criteria. The ideal candidate will have experience in fluvial geomorphology, sediment transport, stream and wetland ecology, and natural channel design. This position requires routine travel and field work as well as proficiency with developing clients, managing projects and project budgets.
- B.S. in Engineering, Geology, or Hydrology;
- 5+ years of experience;
- Local and national contacts and the ability to develop and market to new and existing clients;
- Demonstrated client development and management experience to assist in expanding the delivery of our services to the public sector, energy, solid waste, mining, and real estate markets;
- Stream and wetland construction and monitoring experience;
- Strong working knowledge of state and federal mitigation requirements;
- Ability to speak and write professionally;
- AutoCAD® Civil 3D® ;
- RIVERMorph® Stream Restoration Software;
- HEC-RAS 4.1.0;
- Survey Grade GPS and Total Station.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level