As an Ecological Project Manager for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you'll be a part of project teams to navigate today’s complex environmental regulatory landscape, helping our commercial, institutional, manufacturing, mining, and energy clients to achieve and maintain surface water compliance. Working with clients, contractors, and local government officials, you will be involved in the entire project - from conceptual and design phases, through the regulatory review process, bidding, and construction. Projects may include any of the following areas of emphasis: wetland and stream assessments, delineations, and mitigation; natural stream channel restoration design, construction observation and monitoring; storm water bio-retention and wetland treatment systems; endangered species surveys and ecological risk assessments.
- B.S. and preferably an M.S. degree in Ecology, Biology, or related technical field;
- Demonstrated understanding of State and Federal regulations from agencies such as Ohio EPA, USEPA, US Army Corps of Engineers, Ohio Department of Natural Resources, and US Fish & Wildlife Service;
- Demonstrated understanding of State and Federal water quality improvement initiatives, including, nonpoint source reduction, habitat creation, beneficial use impairment, and acid mine drainage abatement preferred;
- Experience developing and managing watershed planning and water quality improvement projects;
- Technical expertise with Sections 401 and 404 Federal Clean Water Act Regulations;
- Technical expertise with Ohio Isolated Wetlands and Ephemeral Stream Channel Permit Regulations;
- Performance of statistical analysis of complex data sets and preparation of technical reports;
- Ability to provide technical expertise and complement other staff and managers in the ecological practice;
- Ability to manage multiple activities and work on a team of technical professionals;
- Demonstrated task and project management experience to assist in expanding the delivery of our services to target client sectors;
- At least 3-7 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: Hydrology, Geomorphology, Aquatic Ecology, Stream and Wetland Mitigation, Threatened and Endangered Species, Water and Sediment Quality, or Environmental Permitting and Reporting; and
- Rosgen Level II, AutoCAD Civil 3D, GIS, stream channel survey, wetland design, and regulatory experience is preferred.
Click to Apply