Senior Wetland Scientist/Project Manager
Lucas Environmental, LLC (LE) is searching for a Senior Wetland Scientist/Project Manager with 10 to 20+ years of experience to join our growing team. If you are seeking an opportunity to collaborate with a talented team on a variety of challenging projects, give us a call.
LE provides an excellent life-work balance throughout the year, not just in the winter months. LE maintains a steady work load to allow staff to enjoy the spring, summer, and fall months pursuing personal activities. The steady workload is typically managed through the winter to avoid long, slow days. If you are tired of the 60+ hour work weeks, commuting to the office, and the slow winters, give us a call, your future awaits.
LE provides an environment that promotes learning and professional growth, a competitive base salary, a retirement plan with a company match, a commission based bonus program, and health and dental insurance. Opportunities to work remotely with flexible hours. LE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.lucasenviro.com
- Conduct wetland delineations, wildlife habitat evaluations, and rare species surveys.
- Develop permit strategies for projects in various market sectors.
- Lead federal, state, and local wetland related permitting efforts.
- Develop and/or review technical reports and documents.
- Perform construction oversight and environmental monitoring.
- Mentor and train staff as the company grows.
- Manage budgets and write proposals.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects on short deadlines.
- Ability to interact with clients.
- Ability to delineate wetland resource areas independently.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- 10-20+ years of experience.
- B.S. in environmental science, natural resources, wetland science, or a related field is required.
- M.S. is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with local, state, and federal wetland regulations in Massachusetts.
- Experience in other New England states is preferred.
- Must have the ability to conduct tasks independently.
- Expertise in identifying plants, insects, birds, reptiles, and/or amphibians.
- Rare species experience is preferred.
- PWS Certification required.
- Certifications such as CWS, RPSS, CPESC, CESSWI are a plus.
- Ability to use GIS is preferred.
This position may involve working in remote field locations, and may include night/weekend shifts, and/or working in challenging weather conditions. A vehicle is required. This position requires the ability to work cooperatively as part of a team.
Job Type : Full-Time, Part-time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level