Senior Environmental Specialist
NV5 provides engineering and consulting services to public and private sectors, delivering solutions through five business verticals: Construction Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, Utility Services, Program Management, and Environmental. As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated senior level Wetland Scientist to join our Ecology group in Parsippany, New Jersey. This position provides excellent growth opportunity for candidates to work with a team of diverse professionals on a variety of projects in the public and private sector. The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience in freshwater wetland assessment/delineation, threatened and endangered species habitat evaluation and targeted surveys, environmental assessment and permitting.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated senior level Wetland Scientist to join our Ecology group in Parsippany, New Jersey. This position provides excellent growth opportunity for candidates to work with a team of diverse professionals on a variety of projects in the public and private sector. The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience in freshwater wetland assessment/delineation, threatened and endangered species habitat evaluation and targeted surveys, environmental assessment and permitting. Responsibilities include:
- Wetland field investigations, delineations, and functional value assessments.
- Threatened and endangered floral and faunal habitat assessments and targeted species surveys.
- Prepare technical studies and reports.
- Prepare wetland and ecological permit applications in accordance with Federal and state requirements with emphasis on New York and New Jersey regulations.
- Prepare NEPA and NJ Executive Order 215 EA/EIS documents.
- Take the lead or assist in the preparation of proposals.
- Mapping (CADD/GIS) data management and data collection from publicly available databases.
- The position will entail short and long-term field assignments therefore, the candidate must be willing and physically able to travel and work outdoors in rough and remote terrain under challenging environmental conditions and must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, ecology, botany, wildlife management, natural resources, or related field.
- 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Certified Wildlife Biologist or Professional Wetland Scientist preferred, but not required.
- Strong northeastern flora and fauna identification skills.
- Applicants must be capable of leading wetland delineations or working independently.
- Applicants should be able to lead threatened and endangered floral and faunal species habitat assessments and targeted surveys.
- Familiarity with Trimble GPS is desired.
- Experience with US Army Corps of Engineers, New Jersey, and New York wetland programs, CAFRA, Pinelands and Highlands permitting.
- Experience working on New York State DOT and New Jersey DOT projects preferable.
- Experience preparing proposals and budgets.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills.
The pay range for this position in New York City is $85,000.00-100,000.00 per year; however, base pay offered may be higher or lower depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience of the candidate. Restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the salary transparency provisions of the NYCHRL. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via the NV5 careers site.
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Application Link or Email : https://internal-nv5.icims.com/jobs/9108/senior-environmental-specialist/job
Job Type : Full-Time