Attention all passionate environmentalists! Are you an accomplished Senior Ecologist seeking a new challenge? Look no further! Terracon is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our growing practice in the Gulf Coast Region as a Senior Ecologist in Nashville, Tennessee.
As a leader in the Environmental Planning Ecology group, you will have the opportunity to manage projects and grow our services while ensuring work is executed in accordance with client requirements and within company policies. You will also participate in business development activities and build and maintain client relationships.
We are looking for a Senior Ecologist who is an expert in ecological and natural resource field surveys, wetland delineations, and threatened and endangered species assessments. Additionally, you will assist with the daily operations of the ecology group, mentor staff, and identify and evaluate ecological risk factors to ensure compliance with regulations.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects, and participate in pre-task planning.
- Manage projects from a senior level, working alongside project managers and field staff, including training and mentoring team members.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Prepare and/or review federal and state waters permitting applications with agency consultation.
- Develop and review written proposals to clients.
- Serve as a team member and participate in meetings and communications with clients pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- Possess a strong understanding of federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
- Perform site visits, field observations, and field data collection in the area of technical expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Ecology, Biology, Environmental Engineering, Forestry, or related discipline
- 9 or more years of experience in the practice
- Ability to travel out of town between 10% and 20% of the normal work week
- Valid Driver’s License
- Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) certification preferred
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Application Link or Email : https://careers.terracon.com/job/nashville/senior-ecologist/37184/45792825776
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level