Senior Biologist and Project Manager
Harris Environmental Group, Inc. is seeking a Senior Biologist & Project Manager (PM) to lead our natural resources projects in the Puget Sound region and the Pacific Northwest, leading studies of wildlife, fisheries, marine or terrestrial environments and/or wetlands, and directing compliance projects for state, federal, regional and commercial clients. Advanced natural resources experience in the Pacific Northwestern United States is required, with expertise and strong project history working in one or more of the following areas: environmental compliance and consulting, wildlife and/or fisheries studies, marine biology, wetland delineations. The position will oversee project development, direction, coordination and quality control for natural resource management projects while expanding our environmental consulting team. Responsibilities will include project direction (including fieldwork and travel), training of staff, oversight of field directors, and producing quality reports, managing multiple projects, and budgets, proposal writing and marketing.
- Graduate degree biology, natural resources management, or related field
- At least five years supervisory and fieldwork experience and experience working compliance
- Possession or ability to obtain training/certifications relevant to contract services (e.g., PWS, MMO, CESCL or CPESC).
- Experience with content edits of reports and a strong background in scheduling and budgeting
- Ability to train, coordinate, and oversee personnel
- Track record of business development
- Exceptional technical writing skills and a record of completing technical reports on deadlines
- Experience with ESA-listed species, NEPA, and other relevant compliance processes
- Ability to work independently as well as oversee small or large projects
To apply, please email resume and letter of interest to Lisa Harris, Ph.D. President, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Masters, Doctoral
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level