ShoreRivers seeks a Restoration Designer to assist in delivering restoration and landscape design projects that support our efforts to achieve healthy waterways across Maryland’s Eastern Shore. The ideal candidate will be a driven, energetic professional who is enthusiastic about restoring the natural environment and pursuing a career in restoration design. This is an excellent position for an entry/intermediate level engineer/landscape architect wishing to specialize in restoration design and nature-based landscapes.
The Restoration Designer reports to the ShoreRivers Engineer and is part of the Agriculture and Restoration department. This position is based primarily in the Easton office. This is a full-time position; the employee must be flexible to work outdoors in sometimes-harsh terrain and weather and to travel when necessary. The employee must be willing to live in the communities we serve. This position offers a competitive benefits package and a salary range between $45,000-$65,000, based on experience. Position begins in January/February 2022.
To apply, send resume and one page cover letter to Ann Frock, Office Manager, at email@example.com by Friday, January 21, 2021.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Engineer in the following main areas:
- Assisting with topographic surveys of restoration sites using GIS and Total Station survey equipment.
- Undertaking analysis and design of restoration and agricultural conservation practices. This includes, but is not limited to, hydrologic analysis of watersheds, design of open channel systems, wetland water budget calculations, and sizing agricultural drainage systems.
- Producing construction and permitting drawings and plan sets using Civil 3D, creating schedules of materials, and putting together permit applications.
- Providing landscape design plans for park enhancements, outdoor classrooms, river- friendly yards, and urban retrofits.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Restoration Designer must have a strong commitment to environmental protection and to ShoreRivers’ mission.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, geography, landscape design, or similar field
- 1+ year’s work experience in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience with restoration-based design projects such as stream and wetland restoration, and/or nature-based landscape design
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with CAD and creating plan sets
- Experience with surveying techniques and equipment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Critical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work as a team player and collaborate effectively
- Knowledge of ecological restoration techniques and design
- Must have a valid driver’s license
ShoreRivers seeks to protect and restore Eastern Shore waterways through science-based advocacy, restoration, and education. We have a dedicated staff of Riverkeepers, educators, scientists, restoration specialists, and advocates focused on policies and projects that will improve the health of our rivers. Our staff are a strong, collective voice for Eastern Shore waterways.
ShoreRivers believes that diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in our staff, board, supporters, and programs is critical to achieving our mission of clean water. We believe that access to waterways fuels environmental stewardship; inclusion of diverse communities is essential to long term success; and diverse representation in our membership, staff, and board makes us stronger.
ShoreRivers believes that swimmable, fishable, clean, and safe rivers are for everyone in our communities. ShoreRivers is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level