- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Biology, Botany, Environmental Science, Fish and Wildlife Science, Ecology, or a related field
- Three (3) years of experience conducting wetland delineation fieldwork and wildlife/environmental fieldwork. Applicants who are unable to show professional wetland delineation experience will not be considered.
- Completion of a 38-hour wetland delineation training course or demonstrated equivalent professional experience.
- Five (5) years of experience conducting wetland delineation fieldwork and wildlife/environmental fieldwork.
- Knowledge and environmental survey experience in the Midwest
- Knowledge and experience working with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Experience working with the USACE St. Paul District Office
- Familiarity with mapping software such as ArcGIS and GPS devices
- Task management experience
- Certification from the Society of Wetland Scientists as a Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) or Wetland Professional in Training (WPIT).
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather and rugged terrain
- Ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds
- Frequent travel will be required for the position, with fieldwork sometimes reaching 60% of your time
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
SWCA is committed to salary equity and salary transparency for all its employees. In alignment with this commitment, SWCA posts good faith pay ranges in all its advertised job postings to promote pay equity and transparency.
An employee in this Chicago, IL based position can expect an hourly rate of $27.56- $35.96/hr at the Assistant Project Wetland Scientist level or an hourly rate of $31.50-$40.43/hour at the Associate Project Wetland Scientist level. Actual pay within this range may depend on experience, qualifications, geographic location, client requirements where applicable, and other factors permitted by law. Regular-status employees are also eligible for performance bonuses. Candidates are also encouraged to consider SWCA’s Total Rewards package, which includes a competitive Benefits package, forward-thinking workplace flexibility, outstanding corporate culture, award-winning career development, and more.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.