Program Manager - Renewable Energy
Environmental Consulting & Technology, Inc. is looking for a Program Manager to support growth through servicing existing client and developing new client relationships for the firm in our Midwest regions. A Program Manager focuses not only on technical consulting and project management but also on the development and management of regional professionals, existing clientele, and teams within the Natural Resources Service Line.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Related regional permitting expertise and professional network.
- This position reports directly to a senior manager and will potentially have direct reports.
- Ability to work with senior leadership to develop team goals and needs, which includes, budgeting, forecasting, resource planning and business development.
- Ability to keep to deliverable schedules, schedule staff for projects and adhere to budgets
- Lead and support project pursuits through proposal development and collaboration.
- Maintain agency relationships and the ability to represent ECT as our professional expert
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations and industry requirements in the power and utility sector and the residential and commercial development sector.
- Positive team member with strong communication and coordination capabilities.
- Ability to manage complex projects, set budgetary goals and expectations, and schedules
- Develop and maintain key client relationships by following client-specific protocols, addressing client needs and providing outstanding responsiveness in anticipation of client needs.
- Participate in team building including internal training, quality review and mentorship.
- Assist with fieldwork (e.g., wetland delineations, botanical surveys) when necessary
- Ability to write and QA/QC technical reports is required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences required; Master’s preferred
- 10 to 15 years of experience as an environmental consultant; 7 or more years of managing mid-west natural resource-based projects required
- Residential and commercial permitting and clientele experience preferred
- Renewable energy, oil and gas, and/or electric transmission experience required
- Strong state and federal environmental permitting experience in required
- Strong technical knowledge base in wetlands, wildlife, and botany
- Ideal candidate will be located close to one of our Midwest office locations.
- 10% travel requirement, mostly overnight stays; fluctuates based on client demands
- Primary duties are located within an office environment with occasional field work
- Capable of working outdoors occasionally in hot and humid conditions
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Intermediate skills related to GPS/GIS applications desired
- Exceptional verbal and technical writing skills
Apply at: https://www.ectinc.com/our-careers/
ECT is an employee-owned, multidisciplinary natural resources and environmental consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients by integrating science, engineering, technology, planning, and management systems to provide practical solutions to complex challenges. ECT maintains a drug-free environment and is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General