AECOM is seeking a NYS Article VII Siting and Environmental Permitting Specialist within our Environmental Planning & Permitting (EPP) Practice in the Northeast US. The location for this position is flexible in the northeastern US (NY Desired) and the ability to travel to client and project meetings in NY is desired. Remote arrangements may be considered.
This role will support our Power/Electric Transmission market sector in New York (downstate and upstate) with new transmission tower infrastructure, submarine cables, duct banks, and offshore wind energy asset interconnection. Particular focus will be supporting and executing projects supporting electrical transmission infrastructure, and renewables including offshore wind interconnects and solar development projects.
Candidates should have demonstrated prior experience with siting, routing, and alternatives analysis studies supporting transmission siting petitions/applications and in particular NYS Article VII Filings required. Additional background supporting/leading environmental permitting applications with USACE, NYDEC, SEQRA, and NJDEP Desirable.
The candidate will be joining an experienced and technically proficient EPP Teams in the northeast with an extensive backlog of project work in multiple client sectors and a strong presence in the renewable energy arena, in particular Offshore Wind Energy Permitting.
This is a full-time role and an opportunity to work in a strong team environment.
For further information, and to apply, visit our job listing:
- BS in Biology, Wetland Science, Ecology, Environmental Science, Soil Science, Geology or related field and 8+ years-experience.
- Valid Driver’s License
- US Citizenship is required
- MS desirable
- 10+ Years of experience
- Offered rate of compensation (NYC locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $87,000 - $158,000.
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
- Relocation is not available for this position
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – over 50,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : ""