AECOM is seeking a Remote Wetland Scientist/Environmental Permitting Specialist within our Environmental Planning & Permitting (EPP) Practice in the Northeast US. This role is to support our Power/Electric Transmission market sector, state/local and industrial client sectors. Particular focus will be supporting and executing projects supporting electrical transmission infrastructure, and renewables including offshore wind interconnects and solar development projects as well as industrial, commercial and state/federal projects. Ability to lead or co-lead wetland delineations and wildlife surveys desirable.
The position is based in New England and can be remote. Team is based out of Chelmsford, MA, and has offices throughout New England.
Specific prior experience supporting natural resources field studies, surveys and env. permitting of electrical transmission projects required with particular focus in Massachusetts, CT, RI and NH highly desirable. Demonstrated experience with the Massachusetts Wetlands Protection Act Regulations, MEPA, S. 404/401 and strong writing and verbal communications skills desired. The candidate will be joining one of the strongest and deepest EPP Teams in the northeast with an extensive backlog of project work in multiple client sectors and a strong presence in the renewable energy arena, in particular Offshore Wind Energy Permitting. This is a full-time career opportunity and opportunity to work in a strong team environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit:
- BS in Biology, Wetland Science, Ecology, Environmental Science, Soil Science, Geology or related field and 6+ years-experience
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- US Citizenship is required.
- MS desirable
- 7+ years’ experience
- Prior experience supporting wetlands delineation, T&E surveys and GIS background desirable.
- Offered rate of compensation (NYC locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $87,000 - $155,000.
- AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – over 50,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : ""