Natural Resources / Wetland Scientist (Multiple Roles, Location Flexible)
Position: Scientist 2 or 3, depending on experience
Industry: Science Technical
Location: Boston, MA or Southern PA as focus, but location is flexible
Your Responsibilities as a Wetland / Stream Scientist:
- Conduct identification, classification and delineation of jurisdictional wetlands and streams, and determine mitigation requirements.
- Assisting with preparation of permit applications (Section 10 Rivers and Harbors Act, Clean Water Act, 404, and 401 and Section 408 from the US Army Corps of Engineers, State Permit Programs and Coastal Permits Programs).
- Complete permit compliance monitoring;
- Conduct biological and ecological resource studies, including but not limited to wildlife habitat assessments, plant and vegetation surveys, coordinate cultural resource reviews, etc.
- Develop work plans, evaluate data, and prepare technical documents.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Write technical reports and proposals.
- Actively develop your own career growth.
Why you'll love working for us:
- Medical, dental and vision plan options.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability insurance.
- 401k plan.
- Paid time-off and holidays.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Opportunities for advancement in technical or project management pathways.
- Opportunity for travel (local, regional, or some national)
- Other perks and incentives.
- 1000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- BS in Wetland Ecology, Environmental Science, or other related degrees. Master's degree preferred in similar fields.
- Proficiency with performing regulated waters and wetland delineations, acquiring preliminary and approved jurisdictional determinations, preparing permit applications, acquiring 401/404/ Section 10/State water resource permits, and coordination experience with local, state and federal agencies.
- Experience in determining stream perenniality and evaluating stream characteristics, flow regimes, etc.
- Experience in ecological restoration, protected species, or macrobenthic assessments a plus.
- Ability to mentor and lead a field team.
- Strong technical writing skills, multi-tasking skills, safety awareness, and a good record and understanding of safe work practices.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification preferred.
- Valid driver's license, good driving history, and reliable transportation are required.
- Comfortable working long, or flexible hours when required to meet project needs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Willingness to travel intermittently for fieldwork is preferred.
- Ability to walk several miles on varied terrain in various weather conditions. Ability to dig frequent soil pits. Prolonged periods of standing in the field, walking, or prolonged sitting for travel may be required.
Actual role and responsibilities based on candidate experience.
To apply, you can contact me at email@example.com or simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team, or apply directly at www.workatapexcos.com.
Apex is not only an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, we truly value diversity in many forms. A diverse pool of candidates is strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General, Customer Service