AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has an immediate opening for a natural resources specialist to join our Natural Resources Team. The focus of this position is to support natural resource services for the company’s public and private development projects, working with the natural resource team and AKS project managers. This is a full-time hourly position reporting to the Senior Wetland Scientist.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in wetland, forest ecology, environmental science/biology, botany, or similar related science
- Two years minimum of experience conducting wetland delineations using the Regional Supplement to the Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual: Western Mountains, Valleys, and Coast Region
- Experience preparing Wetland Delineation Reports in accordance with DSL/USACE standards
- Pacific Northwest plant identification skills
- Experience using hand-held Trimble GPS units
- GIS or AutoCad skills a plus
- Exceptional technical report writing skills
- Experience with applicable software (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently, to manage multiple priorities, and to work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Ability to work long hours in the field and be able to travel, including overnight on occasions, if necessary, in
- Take personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines
Job Functions & Responsibilities: This is a full-time position based in the Tualatin and/or Vancouver office. Typical responsibilities will include:
- Conduct wetland delineations, ordinary high-water delineations, riparian habitat assessments, plant surveys, mitigation monitoring, and other similar field data collection throughout Oregon and SW Washington
- Gather online background maps to facilitate with fieldwork
- Prepare DSL Wetland Delineation Reports
- Prepare Critical Area Reports
- Prepare Natural Resource Assessment reports for local jurisdiction compliance
- Develop and maintain effective positive working relationships with co-workers, clients, permitting agency staff, and other project team members
AKS is a locally owned infrastructure engineering firm that provides professional consulting services to municipal and private clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil and forest engineering, land surveying, land use planning, natural resources, landscape architecture, arboriculture, water resources, GIS, and construction support. With this combination of professionals, we bring a holistic approach to problem-solving that allows us to implement solutions that may not be obvious when viewed from a single perspective. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including landowners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With four offices and 25 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients. AKS is consistently ranked as one of the largest engineering firms in the Portland metropolitan area. Despite our growth, we have remained true to our values and diligently maintain our focus on quality. Visit our website at www.aks-eng.com for additional information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. In fact, AKS was recognized by The Oregonian as one of the Top Workplaces of 2018, 2019, and 2021. We specifically locate our offices closer to where our employees live, and our clients have projects providing us faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow. Every employee is a valuable asset and everyone’s voice matters.
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation, benefits, and special perks. Checkout the Careers page of our website for more information on all that AKS offers.
Click to Apply