Natural Resource Consultant
Natural Resource Consultant- Charlotte, NC
McAdams is a full-service land planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering and geomatics firm located in North Carolina and Texas. We seek a partnership with our clients to create meaningful experiences through inspired design. McAdams is proud to be part of the most interesting, iconic and impactful projects in the region, and accurate identification and assessment of natural resources is often the first step of every successful project.
Use expertise in the natural resources field to complete project assignments, support Project Managers, and collaborate with team members to delineate and assess natural resources and prepare reports and permit applications.
This role is projected to be 50% field work, 50% office work.
Essential Functions + Responsibilities
- Ability to independently perform stream/wetland identification and delineation
- Section 404/401 permitting
- Threatened and endangered species identification, surveying, consultation and protection
- Natural community identification and recognition of enhancement opportunities
- Preparation of environmental assessment documents under NEPA/SEPA requirements
- Evaluation and permitting of state and local municipality riparian buffers
- Stream and wetland restoration and monitoring
5+ years of experience in water resources, stream, wetlands, riparian buffer, permitting processes, and mitigation consulting, along with environmental assessment review
Previous environmental consulting experience
- General knowledge of wetland soils, hydrology and vegetation
- General knowledge of stormwater rules
Preferred certifications: SWITC, LSS, NCSAM, NCWAM, SEPA, NEPA, PWS
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General