Mid- to Senior-level Wetland Scientist
Everett, WA - Full Time, Mid to Senior Level
Mid- to Senior-level Wetland Scientist for Environmental Consulting Firm (Everett, WA):
Shockey Planning Group (SPG) is seeking a professional wetland scientist with experience in land use and environmental/regulatory permitting. SPG was established in 1980 and provides a collaborative work environment, remote working flexibility, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. The position could be full time, part-time or on-call and requires an independent and knowledgeable self-starter who can manage a project from start to finish with minimum supervision in a team environment.
Summary of Duties:
The successful candidate will participate in all aspects related to wetland and stream assessments, including wetland and stream delineations, wetland rating, stream classification, data analysis, wetland and stream mitigation and monitoring, habitat management plans and wetland and stream report preparation. The candidate may also be engaged in permitting related to SEPA and the Growth Management Act, and other activities typical of a general land use planning office.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, plant ecology, wildlife, or related fields
- Completed University of Washington Wetland Certification or similar program
- Five or more years’ experience conducting wetland delineation work in the Pacific Northwest
- Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) certification required
- Knowledge of local flora and regional wetland regulations
- U. S. Army Corps of Engineers Section 404 and Ecology 401 permitting experience
- Excellent technical writing skills and experience preparing documents for multi-agency review
- Experience with Bluebeam desired
- Good physical condition and ability to walk on uneven terrain for long periods of time
- Washington State driver’s license
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience
- Benefits dependent on type of position (e.g., full time or part-time)
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : ""