Lawhon and Associates, Inc. is seeking a passionate ecologist with specialized training and experience in aquatic threatened and endangered species. This mid to senior-level position will be located in our Columbus Office. In addition to supporting mussel survey and relocation projects in Group 1, 2, 3 and 4 streams in Ohio, the selected individual will also be assigned ecological survey and waterway permitting tasks. This is a full-time position, with hybrid work flexibility, in our Columbus, Ohio office.
Qualified candidates will possess a degree in biology, environmental science, natural resource management or similar science-related fields. They must also possess the following skills:
- Three to five years of ecological consulting experience.
- ODNR Approved Group 1 and 3 Mussel Surveyor (required).
- Open water dive certification (i.e., PADI, SSI, or equivalent).
- Ability and desire to conduct aquatic surveys: in waterbodies of various sizes using snorkeling / SCUBA / SSA equipment.
- ODOT Ecological Survey and Waterway Permit Prequalifications (preferred).
- Experience preparing Section 404/401 Nationwide Permits (required) and Individual Permits (preferred).
- Sound understanding of wetland and stream ecology.
- Excellent oral, written and analytical skills.
- Willingness to support a variety of infrastructure and development project types (e.g. transportation, energy, land management) with private and public sector clients.
- Availability for periodic overnight travel to jobs sites (mainly in Ohio).
We offer industry-competitive salaries, medical, dental, life and disability insurance, a fully vested 401(K) retirement plan with 100% match, paid holidays and sick time. Successful candidates must have an acceptable driving record, be willing to travel and pass a background check. Send your resume in word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please reference ECOPM2022 in all correspondence.
Lawhon & Associates, Inc. provides full-service environmental engineering and consulting services to the public and private sector. The company was established in 1985 to serve an emerging market in asbestos/lead management. Over the past 34 years, our services have grown to include environmental site investigations and remediation; ecological and wetland services; cultural and historic resources evaluations; environmental permitting; indoor environmental quality studies; and NEPA compliance. We have over 35 professionals on staff with expertise and experience relevant to the services we offer. To learn more about Lawhon & Associates, Inc., please visit our website at www.lawhon-assoc.com.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Masters
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level