Managing Environmental Scientist
Pare Corporation has a position available for a Managing Environmental Scientist for a candidate with a minimum of 10 years of experience in natural resources management, environmental planning, and permitting. Responsibilities include strategizing environmental permit pursuits, managing staff of environmental professionals, and providing company-wide technical expertise for natural resources issues. A strong working knowledge of RI, MA, and Federal wetlands and coastal regulations is required. The ideal candidate will also have experience with project management, client management, proposal execution, and business development.
DUTIES AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for overseeing environmental science disciplines to the planning, design, permitting and implementation of the environmental program.
• Supervises all environmental permitting staff necessary to complete assignments and assist the Division Manager in staff hiring and performance evaluations as needed.
• Perform and/or supervise natural resource surveys including wetland delineations and functional assessments, wildlife habitat evaluations and rare species surveys.
• Review and/or prepare environmental assessments, impact statements, planning and zoning studies, wetland permit applications, and local/state/federal permit applications.
• Work with project and division managers in preparing the environmental program, environmental permitting scopes, and personnel estimates needed for the environmental permitting for a specific project.
• Review and/or prepare or assist with proposals, project grant funding applications, progress reports, schedules, and budgets for ongoing projects.
• Review and/or prepare scope, staffing estimates, progress reports, monthly progress reports, schedules, and budgets for new proposals.
• Attend and/or present at interviews, project meetings and community outreach presentations.
• Maintain client coordination to keep stakeholders apprised of project status, changes in conditions or other key points of information.
• Assist in contract negotiations.
• Participate in business development plan implementation.
• Represent the firm in the community and through professional organizations and events.
• Other related activities as needed and assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES:
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Ecology, Natural Resources, Environmental Science or a directly related field; Master’s degree preferred.
• Licensed in the Environmental Science field, including but not limited to: Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS), Certified Wildlife Biologist, Certified Soil Scientist, Certified Professional in Erosion & Sediment Control (CPESC), or Licensed Site Professional (LSP).
• Experience in plant species identification and soil characterization in the northeast is required.
• Knowledge of the state and federal wetland regulations, land use environmental regulations, and environmental permitting is required.
• 10 + years of experience and engagement in life-long learning to maintain knowledge of contemporary issues.
• Must be able to communicate effectively using verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills to internal and external audiences.
• Attention to detail and the ability to think critically.
• Self-motivated with a professional attitude.
• Active participation in professional and/or community organizations, with leadership roles preferred.
• Experience with staff management, project management, and willingness to act as a mentor for junior-level staff.
• Service-oriented approach to client management and business development experience.
• Experience with AutoCAD, GIS applications, and Microsoft Office programs
For full details, please visit: http://www.parecorp.com/Files/UserUploads/CIVMES0821_Managing_Environmental_Scientist.pdf
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : ""