nuInventa, LLC has an immediate need for a Lead Wetland Scientist/Ecologist at our office in Southeast Michigan. The ideal candidate for this position will have sufficient experience to work independently and lead junior staff. Under the direct mentorship of a Senior Project Manager, this is an excellent opportunity for a person who is striving to elevate their career to the next level but has only a few years of related experience at this time. You’ll be driven to lead teams as you work on a variety of unique and interesting projects both in the field and in an office setting.
nuInventa is a right-sized company for people seeking a fresh, low-stress, and flexible work environment with opportunities to grow. nuInventa is small enough to care about you individually and big enough to provide the attention our clients demand. We embrace a culture that builds strong, interpersonal relationships, moving outward to foster trust relationships with our clients. We serve a wide variety of clients and participate in many exciting projects across the Midwest and Southeast. The markets we serve include land development (residential, commercial, and retail), industrial, transportation, renewable and non-renewable energy, and conservation organizations.
- Delineate wetlands and streams.
- Write and review technical reports.
- Conduct and/or coordinate threatened and endangered species reviews.
- Compile Section 401, Section 404, and state isolated wetland permit applications.
- Direct or assist with habitat restoration site work.
- Routinely travel to project sites that are located within a two-hour drive of the office
- Travel to sites located in northern Indiana and northern Ohio from time-to-time to assist other teams with fieldwork in these areas.
- Overnight stays (one to three nights) away from home will typically be necessary for such assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental management, natural resources, botany, ecology, or closely related science.
- At least three years of experience conducting wetland and stream delineation fieldwork.
- Will have completed a wetland delineation training course based on the USACE Wetland Delineation Manual (the “1987 Manual”).
- Excellent technical report writing skills are a must.
- Ability to communicate effectively with discernment and good judgement, both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to traverse (walk through) difficult terrain carrying necessary field equipment.
- Ability to drive a vehicle.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
- Reliable vehicle.
- Master’s degree in environmental management, natural resources, botany, ecology, or closely related science.
- Experience completing related work for Michigan Department of Transportation projects.
- Familiarity with the use of AutoCAD Civil.
- Experience conducting Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and other types of environmental due diligence work.
- Business development and leads generation background.
Compensation and Benefits
- This position is full-time, hourly with an hourly pay rate that will be commensurate with experience.
- Typical work week is Monday through Friday, 35 to 40 hours per week with occasional overtime.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) offered after an Introductory Period.
- An attractive, flexible environment that provides a good balance between work and personal life.
- Work-from-home (remote) arrangements may be considered.
- Annual equipment allowance.
- Retirement plan options.
- Health care options.
- New client leads generation bonus program.
- Annual performance bonuses.
- Use of company vehicles.
- Mileage reimbursement for use of personal vehicle, when necessary.
To apply for this position, please email resume WITH a cover letter that outlines why this position at nuInventa is desired to email@example.com. A pre-employment drug-screen and background check will be required as part of the hiring decision process. Must be able to work legally in the United States. nuInventa is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : General