Lead Wetland Scientist
BRI Environmental is seeking a Lead Wetland Scientist to join our environmental consulting group in our Portland, Maine office. We an dedicated to conservation, education, and environmentally sound project development. We work primarily on solar and wind energy projects and are at the forefront of the renewable energy industry in New England.
The successful candidate will work as part of the BRI Environmental Consulting Group to provide a range of consulting services to a diverse set of clients. The qualified candidate must be proficient in the MS Office Suite, possess good leadership qualities, be able to remain organized and disciplined in a dynamic working environment where deadlines and schedules are changing depending on client needs. This hire will serve as a team leader for wetland delineations and in the performance of regulated natural resource surveys. This position will also work collaboratively with BRI’s other offices on cross disciplinary projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Environmental Studies, Forestry, Natural Resources, or related field. Masters degree preferred.
- Experience performing wetland delineations, specifically in the northeastern United States, using the USACE 1987 Manual and Regional Supplement(s) and identifying wetlands with the Cowardin et al. (1979) classification system.
- Demonstrated experience in task management or project management on complex projects.
- Knowledge of functional and biological assessments.
- Proven management and organizational skills.
- Experience with field leadership in the performance of field surveys and subsequent reporting on results and regulatory implications of findings.
- Willingness to travel and commitment to the team is a must.
- Experience with local, state and federal permitting.
- Able to use applications and scripts to create automated geoprocessing workflows.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in environmental consulting
- Problem solving mentality and a strong ability to work independently.
- Experience with and trouble shooting GPS equipment used in field data collection (Trimble, iPad, iPhone, etc.)
- Ability to navigate and lead others in wilderness areas competently and safely.
- Strong writing and data analysis skills coupled with excellent verbal communication.
Work schedule and location: This is a full-time, 40-hour-per-week salaried position and is based at the BRI office in Portland, Maine.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. BRI offers a fully paid employee health insurance premium, plus optional dependent coverage, dental, LTD and life insurance, 401k with match, and generous paid PTO and holidays. Costs associated with work travel are reimbursed.
To apply: Applications should be sent to Dale Knapp (email@example.com) with the email subject line “Lead Wetland Scientist Job Opening”. Please submit a single PDF file including: (1) letter of interest, (2) CV/Resume, (3) contact information for three references. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Biodiversity Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : ""