Lakes Program Manager, Vermont
We're looking for an experienced environmental manager to join our team of dedicated and knowledgeable water resource professionals. As the Lakes Program Manager you will work collaboratively with internal and external partners and division leadership to oversee the management, administrative, planning, and policy work of the Lakes and Ponds Program.
In this role, you will:
- Supervise three program sections responsible for lake monitoring and assessment, aquatic invasive species management and regulation, and shoreland outreach and regulation.
- Facilitate stakeholder and public outreach and engagement in Lakes and Ponds Program initiatives.
- Manage the program budget, including state and federal grants and contracts.
- Collaborate with division leadership to develop a programmatic strategic plan and then implement it.
- Work collaboratively to communicate, align, and integrate lake monitoring and assessment, outreach, regulatory, and management efforts with the other media-based programs and discharge programs in the Watershed Management Division.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing elements of water resource management, including water quality monitoring and assessment, water quality policy, environmental regulation, and lake and watershed management.
- Knowledge and experience supervising remote staff or contractors.
- Experience working with a broad range of stakeholders on water quality issues and initiatives.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills.
For more information about this position, contact Bethany Sargent, Watershed Management Division Deputy Director, at 802-490-6131 or email@example.com.
This position, Environmental Program Manager - Lakes and Ponds Program (Job Requisition #49315), is open to all State employees and external applicants.
Application Link or Email : https://careers.vermont.gov/
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters, Doctoral
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level, Director