BRI Environmental is seeking a GIS manager to join BRI's environmental consulting group in our Portland, Maine office. We are dedicated to conservation, education, and environmentally sound project development. We work primarily on solar and wind energy projects and are at the forefront of the renewable energy industry in New England.
The successful candidate will work as part of BRI Environmental to provide a range of GIS services to a diverse set of clients. The qualified candidate must be proficient in the Esri Software Suite (Desktop platforms, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise). This position will also work collaboratively with BRI’s other offices on cross disciplinary projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Environmental Studies, Forestry, Natural Resources, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience configuring applications using Esri's ArcGIS Online (Field Maps, Collector, Survey123) to support project work.
- Demonstrated experience in task managing or project management on small to medium sized GIS implementation projects.
- Knowledge of working with and editing geodatabases.
- Outstanding management and organizational skills are a must for this position.
- Provide GIS technical assistance and support to other members of the office.
- Ability to create map services and interactive web applications and ability to utilize GIS applications to perform advanced spatial analysis or data conversion or manipulation. I.e. raster/surface manipulation, mosaic, modify and repurpose imagery for other software.
- Able to use applications and scripts to create automated geoprocessing workflows.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with the Esri product Suite (Desktop, Web, Server environments)
- Problem solving mentality and a strong ability to work independently.
Work schedule and location: This is a full-time, 40-hour-per-week salaried position and is based at the BRI office in Portland, Maine.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. BRI offers a fully paid employee health insurance premium, plus optional dependent coverage, dental, LTD and life insurance, 401k with match, and generous paid PTO and holidays. Costs associated with work travel are reimbursed.
To apply: Applications should be sent to Dale Knapp (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the email subject line “GIS Technician Job Opening”. Please submit a single PDF file including: (1) letter of interest, (2) CV/Resume, (3) contact information for three references. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Biodiversity Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : ""