GAIN PROFESSIONAL JOB SKILLS, CONTRIBUTE TO CLIMATE RESILIENCE, AND LAUNCH YOUR NATURAL RESOURCE CAREER!
MCC is hiring Field Crew Members! We focus on the growth of our members, transferable job skills, and making a positive impact on the climate and environment. Crew Members and their crews will camp while working on physically demanding conservation projects across the Northern Rockies and Plains. Project work could include trail maintenance and construction, habitat restoration, planting, backcountry work, forest fuels reduction, and more! Crew Members receive extensive training in technical skills, federal hiring, communication, teamwork, and much more. Through a term of service with MCC, participants not only walk away with valuable technical and field skills, but also develop competencies to achieve success in a wide variety of careers. Crew Members experience the full measure of their character and discover their capacity to lead change in their communities and, just as importantly, in their own lives. If you want to address urgent climate change issues and make a positive impact on the environment, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
A term of service with MCC places our participants in an excellent position for future federal hiring and conservation careers!
APPLY HERE: https://www.mtcorps.org/joinmcc/open-positions/
Locations: Bozeman, Helena, Kalispell, Missoula, MT
Term Dates: 5/16/2022- 10/19/2022
Living Allowance: $737 biweekly before taxes
AmeriCorps Education Award: $3247.50
Health Insurance: Provided at NO COST
Member Assistance Program: Free 24/7 access to confidential behavioral health counseling, financial assistance, medical/legal advocacy, and more!
Food Per Diem while on Projects
Access to Pro Deals
Housing Opportunities Available!!
- Education Award Use for student loans, certifications, work trade programs, education expenses, and more
- Forbearance for certain student loans while serving with AmeriCorps.
- FREE Health Insurance* (members serving in 675 slots and above)
- Member Assistance Program (MAP) FREE access to 24/7 behavioral health resources. Also includes financial planning, legal assistance, life coaching, and more!
- Living Allowance
- AmeriCorps Child Care Benefits
- Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Meals provided while on projects
- Access to Pro Deals
- We provide uniform work shirts and transportation to work sites.
- Tools and safety gear are covered. Things like hard hat, work gloves, ear protection, safety glasses and group camping gear. We have some items to loan if needed
- DEI funds to help purchase gear or travel to Montana.
- Housing Opportunities Available!!
Certifications (Depending on Position and Crew Type):
- Basic First Aid & CPR
- Chainsaw Certification
- Crosscut Certification
Training and Opportunities (Depending on Position and Crew Type):
- Training on Resume Building, Interviewing, and Federal Hiring
- Hand & Power Tool Use (including chainsaw and crosscut saw)
- Backcountry Travel & Navigation
- Trail Maintenance & Construction
- Leave No Trace
- Habitat Management & Improvement
- Learn about natural resource management
- Develop life skills, work skills, and a strong service ethic
- Connect with project partners: federal, state, and non-profits for career opportunities
- Join our network of alumni in natural resource careers all over the country
- Work in beautiful, wild, and protected places.
- Work in National Forests, wilderness areas, and National Parks.
- Make lasting changes to the environment, climate, and our communities.
- High school degree, GED, or willingness to work towards obtaining a GED
- Ages 17-30, up to 35 for military veterans
- US Citizen, National, or Legal Permanent Resident
- Ability to hike 3-12 miles per day in terrain that can be steep, rocky or uneven, often wearing a 45lb backpack while carrying tools and sometimes backpacking with full packs of 60-70lbs
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds repeatedly and use hand and power tools
- Ability to pass a National Service Criminal History Check
- Available for duration of entire term of service; commitment to completing term
- Strong service ethic and desire to serve the community and the environment
- Willing to work long, hard hours in all weather conditions
- Ability to be away on overnight trips for up to 10 days at a time
MCC is committed to being diverse, welcoming, and inclusive. We are working to reduce barriers to participating in our programs. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.