Huff & Huff, Inc., a subsidiary of GZA GeoEnvironmental Inc. (GZA), is currently seeking an experienced Biologist/Ecologist to support our environmental natural resources practice in our Oak Brook, Illinois, office. The successful candidate will have a solid educational background and be self-motivated with a professional attitude.
As a member of our natural resources team, you will work on a fast-paced team of Scientists, Engineers, Project Managers, and Principals. We are seeking a Biologist/Ecologist with experience in natural resource and environmental field work, supporting report preparation, and business development.
Our close-knit culture will allow you to grow professionally. You will be mentored by seasoned professionals, who will in turn, look to you to share technical knowledge and ideas. Our success relies on this collaborative environment. Between field work projects, you will work in a professional setting, preparing detailed and accurate field documentation, data analysis and reporting.
- BS/MS in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Engineering, or Natural Resources-related field
- Strong relationships with utilities and private sector
- Strong Microsoft Office Word and Excel skills
- Plant identification experience required (emphasis on wetland plants)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, or GIS preferred
- Understanding of Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Best Management Practices preferred
- Stream Survey Experience a plus (fish, mussels, macroinvertebrates)
- Availability to work Monday through Friday and occasional evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel locally and regionally
- A valid driver’s license in good standing
- Professional development and enrichment
- Stable work environment
- Generous, company-subsidized benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and 401K retirement plan
GZA is an employee-owned multidisciplinary environmental consulting, geotechnical engineering, geo-civil engineering, construction management and environmental remediation firm. We are an ENR Top 500 Design firm focused on geotechnical, environmental, water, ecological, and construction management services. With a staff of interrelated professionals dedicated to providing high-level expertise on complex projects above, below and at ground-level, GZA’s experts provide seamless integration across practice areas, client type, and location.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree, Masters
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level