ENTRY LEVEL ECOLOGIST
The Watershed Company, a regional leader in science-based planning and design for environmental restoration, is seeking entry level candidates within the fields of wetland and stream ecology. Successful candidates will work with a multidisciplinary team of accomplished scientists, planners, engineers, arborists, and landscape architects in a growing 38-year-old employee-owned company based in Kirkland, WA.
Duties and Expectations:
· Conduct field visits in wetland and stream Critical Areas, and Shorelines of the State
· Prepare and manage projects including wetland assessments and delineation studies in Washington State, critical areas reports, function assessments, compliance monitoring and reports, and mitigation plans
· Familiarity with permitting documentation (USACE 404, HPA, shoreline, 401 WQ Cert, and local area permits)
· Prepare proposals for environmental services work and interact with marketing staff for business/client development activities
· Interact with clients to achieve project objectives
· Ability to work in a highly flexible, team-oriented environment
· 1 year of experience performing above duties; completion of the UW certificate program in Wetland Science and Management may substitute for experience.
· Bachelor or Master of Science degree in biology, environmental science, or related field
· Knowledge and experience with Pacific Northwest vegetation and wildlife (ISA arborist certification a plus)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (testing may be required)
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record
· Demonstrated ability to use standard computer programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint (GIS mapping experience a plus)
· Additional expertise and associated accreditation (Wetland Science Certification, Fisheries Biology, Stream Ecology, ISA Certified Arborist, Marbled Murrelet Marine Monitor, GIS)
· WSDOT Biological Assessment Author accreditation or other experience preparing biological assessments (BA) and biological evaluations (BE)
· Familiarity with Eastern and Western Washington wetland rating forms and figures
· Familiarity with local, state and federal regulatory requirements concerning critical areas and shorelines
Salary and Benefits:
Salary depends on experience and qualifications. Benefits include medical/dental insurance, continuing education, performance bonuses, retirement program with future matched payments and opportunities for ownership.
The Watershed Company is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and respected. Individuals of all cultures, communities, abilities, and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Send cover letter and resume to Jobs@watershedco.com. Please include the words “Entry Level Ecologist” in the subject line.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level