An interesting and challenging opportunity awaits you with Environmental Consulting & Technology (ECT), Inc. We are proud to be an industry leader in environmental solutions throughout the United States in multiple market sectors and our Natural Resource Group is a leader in the renewable energy sector. ECT offers a culture that encourages work flexibility, mentorship, training and education, and unique and boundless opportunities to learn and grow your career. Our work involves a multitude of unique projects, both small and large to offer variety, yet our company is small enough for your voice to be heard. We are looking for an Ecologist/Wetland Scientist to join our professional team of scientists, planners, and project managers.
Are you ready to join our solid team of scientists, achieve new and exciting career growth, and help clients make sound environmental decisions? Check out our newest opportunity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct environmental field work and office-based studies for wetland delineations, vegetation mapping, wildlife surveys, research projects, environmental assessments, threatened and endangered species habitat assessments, site investigations, ecological surveys, mitigation compliance, construction and oversight monitoring for a variety of clients, including solar and wind renewable projects, residential and commercial developers, oil & gas, electric transmission, department of transportation, military, etc.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate/graduate degree in natural resources, terrestrial or aquatic ecology, or related environmental field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience related to wetland delineations, threatened and endangered species surveys; and permitting
- Familiarity with wetland vegetation, USACE regional supplements, and state delineation processes in multiple regions across the United States
- Part 303; Part 301; Part 31; Wetland 401/404 permitting, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, wildlife identification, and agency coordination experience strongly desired
- PWS certification a plus
- Strong botany skills required and experience with agency methodologies a must.
- Previous consulting experience is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated with sound professional judgement; able to work as part of multidisciplinary team and independently with little direct supervision
- Ability to conduct wetland delineations independently
- Ability to collect field data utilizing software programs such as Ecobot, ArcCollector, and wildlife programs. Must be able to use iPad for field mapping and data collection.
- Attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, technical writing skills, Microsoft office and GPS experience required
- Valid Driver's license with clean driving record
- Work environment requires field work required, heavy lifting, pulling, hiking, long days, ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to travel throughout the United States, overnight, to lead delineations, assist with Threatened and Endangered Species surveys, botanical assessments (pollinator habitat), and to assist with tasks such as micrositing for wind and solar development projects.
- Able to work in various environmental conditions to include in and around water, rough terrain, and inclement weather
About Environmental Consulting & Technology, Inc. (ECT)
ECT is a multidisciplinary natural resources and environmental consulting firm serving private and public-sector clients by integrating science, engineering, technology, planning, and management systems to provide practical solutions to complex challenges. ECT maintains a drug-free environment and is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : ""