Ecological Restoration Technician
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment, on job sites, during travel, and within the shop through control and proper use/maintenance of physical material inventories, machines, equipment, tools, and PPE.
- Implement and follow ENCAP Safety Manual policies and procedures including weekly toolbox talks, enforcement of PPE use and maintenance, etc.
- Maintain a high level of professional conduct and a positive attitude while supervising staff, and while interacting with the public and ENCAP clients.
- Be familiar with and practice safe and proper operation of small power equipment, such as weed eaters, chainsaws, cut saws, compactors, backpack blowers, etc.
- Native restoration services including herbicide application (with license), cutting/mowing, hand weeding, native seed installation, native plug installation, native tree and shrub installation, installation of erosion control blanket and other erosion control practices and prescribed burns.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Must be able to perform manual labor, operate small tools such as chainsaws, weed eaters, and back pack blowers, etc.
- Must be able to work alone or on a team.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 Lbs. and navigate rugged and uneven terrain on foot.
- Must be able to follow oral and/or written instructions, work outdoors in variable and rugged conditions, and establish effective working relationships with other employees, officials and the general public.
- Must possess or be able to possess within 3 months of employment an Illinois Pesticide Operator License.
- Plant identification skills are desirable.
Please Visit the below link to apply:
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : ""