As an Ecological Project Manager for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you'll lead wetland, stream, and endangered species federal and state permitting. You'll be a part of project teams to navigate today’s complex environmental regulatory landscape, helping our commercial, institutional, manufacturing, mining, and energy clients to achieve and maintain surface water compliance. Working with clients, contractors, and local government officials, you will be involved in the entire project. Projects will include wetland and stream assessments, delineations, and mitigation; endangered species surveys including bats and plants; natural stream channel restoration; invasive plant control; bio-retention and wetland treatment systems.
You will work with the Ecological Services Practice Lead to identify opportunities for growth including participating in business development and marketing efforts, and implement marketing and sales strategies to provide sustainable growth of the Practice. You will work with other Practices within CEC to provide an integrated service approach to addressing our client's needs.
Relocation and Sign On bonuses may be available.
- B.S. degree in Ecology, Biology, or related technical field;
- Certifications in NCSAM/NCWAM, SWITC and Stream Restoration with Rosgen Level I-III preferred;
- Demonstrated understanding of State and Federal regulations from agencies such as USEPA, US Army Corps of Engineers, and US Fish & Wildlife Service;
- Technical expertise with Section 401 and 404 Federal Clean Water Act Regulations;
- Performance of statistical analysis of complex data sets and preparation of technical reports;
- Department of Transportation and NEPA regulatory permitting experience is a plus;Ability to provide technical expertise and complement other staff and managers in the ecological practice;
- Ability to manage multiple activities and work on a team of technical professionals;
- Demonstrated management experience to assist in expanding the delivery of our services to target client sectors;
- Mentor junior staff and assist with their growth and professional development;8+ years of experience.
Click to Apply