At Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), every member of our team has a personal stake in ensuring the success of our clients. As employee-owners of the firm, we are all personally accountable for building lasting relationships and delivering outstanding results. We put people first, whether that’s our clients, our employees, or our community. It’s why we listen more and work harder to understand the unique needs of our clients. And it’s why we prioritize the career development of every individual on our team. People are why we do this, and why we love what we do. We are at our best when we work together. That means bringing together a diverse team of talented, passionate, multidisciplinary experts to work closely alongside clients to create comprehensive solutions to complex problems. We believe that by working together, no problem is insurmountable.
CEC is seeking a senior ecological professional to grow and expand our Ecological Practice in the Greenville, SC office. Companywide, the Ecological Practice provides approximately 15% of our annual revenues, making it an essential part of the integrated services we offer to our clients. CEC’s Ecological Practice distinguishes itself from the service offerings of other firms because of the breadth of our technical expertise that includes: wetland and stream assessments, delineations, and mitigation; Section 401/404 permitting; endangered species surveys, including bats and plants; Endangered Species Act strategy and compliance, natural stream channel design and restoration; invasive plant control; bio-retention and wetland treatment systems; and habitat assessments.
You will lead projects and assist in recruiting, supervising, and mentoring technical and field staff. You will also be responsible for developing business for CEC through utilization of your existing network and internal CEC resources. You'll work with clients, contractors, and local government officials, you will impact the whole project - from conceptual and design phases, through the regulatory review process, bidding, and construction.
- B.S./M.S. degree in Ecology, Biology, Environmental Science, or related technical field;
Local and national contacts and the ability to develop and market to new and existing clients;
- 15+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: aquatic ecology, terrestrial ecology, threatened and endangered species consultation, water and sediment quality, or environmental permitting and reporting;
- Demonstrated client development and management experience to assist in expanding the delivery of our services to the energy, solid waste, mining, and real estate markets;
- Skills to plan, organize and oversee biological and ecological projects for diverse market sectors;
- Ability to manage multiple activities, technical professionals and targeted client base;
- Knowledge of Section 401, 402, 404 Federal Clean Water Act Regulations;
- Experience working with state and federal regulators and demonstrated understanding of regulations from agencies such as EPA, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service;
Writing skills and preparation of technical reports;
- Ability to provide senior technical expertise and mentoring to staff and managers in the ecological practice;
- Demonstrated experience managing FERC 7c projects is preferred, but not required.
Click to Apply