We are looking for a full-time Biologist or Ecologist who enjoys working collaboratively on a variety of natural resource, marine infrastructure, upland improvement , and transportation projects. Assignments will include fieldwork (e.g., eelgrass, wetland, and ordinary high water mark delineations), tasks related to regulatory compliance and permit requirements, report writing, and interacting with clients and regulatory agency staff. Project level work includes supporting project managers in planning, implementing, and managing tasks related to a variety of ecological and/or regulatory areas.
The ideal candidate is someone who is is well organized, detail-oriented, and comfortable with client and internal team interactions. Report writing will be a significant part of this job and we desire a person with proven proficiency in writing technical reports. Additional skills, such as ArcGIS, construction monitoring (e.g., water quality), and Puget Sound/Pacific Northwest experience is highly valued.
Required qualifications include:
- 3-10 years of experience in environmental consulting (agency experience may be included)
- Bachelor’s degree in ecology, biology, or related field
- Demonstrated acumen in technical report writing
- Demonstrated experience with environmental permitting and regulatory compliance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and PC computers
- Ability to travel regionally for fieldwork. A valid driver’s license and the ability to drive to sites is required. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Master’s degree in ecology, biology, or related field
- Experience in eelgrass delineations, marine ecology, or wetland/stream ecological processes
- Experience with supporting project work, including developing and maintaining schedules and budgets
- Puget Sound and Pacific Northwest experience
- ArcGIS skills
Salary based on years of experience. Biologists/ecologists with 3-10 years of experience earn $56,0000-$110,000.
If you have excellent technical and writing skills and enjoy working in a creative, collaborative, deadline-driven environment, we want to hear from you! Please send resume and cover letter describing your experience and why you would like to work at Confluence Environmental Company to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Application Link or Email : confenv.com/jobs
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level