Lincoln, NE or Omaha, NE
We are Olsson, a team-based, purpose-driven engineering and design firm. Our solutions improve communities and our people make it possible.
Our most meaningful asset is our people, and we are dedicated to providing an environment where they can continue to learn, grow, and thrive. Our entrepreneurial spirit is what has allowed us — and will continue to allow us — to grow. The result? Inspired people, amazing designs, and projects with purpose.
Looking for an exciting, fast-paced career in environmental consulting? At Olsson, we help our clients proactively comply with complicated regulatory processes and provide our clients with the latest and best methods of documentation, remediation, and restoration. As an Associate Scientist, you will perform project management duties on small projects, conduct environmental investigations, track project budgets, and communicate project development to clients. You will also travel to job sites to perform field work.
We will consider candidates interested in being located out of our Lincoln, NE or Omaha, NE office locations.
You are passionate about:
- Working collaboratively with others
- Having ownership in the work you do
- Using your talents to positively affect communities
You bring to the team:
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to contribute and work well on a team and proactively communicate
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Biology, Environmental Science, Ecology, Wildlife Biology, Avian Ecology, Environmental Resources, or a similar area of study
- 3+ years of experience of scientific/biology experience
- Ability to plan and conduct environmental investigations
- Energy and passion to put your skillsets and degree in wildlife ecology, biology, botany, environmental studies or related field to use
- Availability to travel for field work
- A valid driver’s license and good driving history
- Willingness to work a flexible work schedule
- Knowledge of wetland plants, soils, hydrology and/or avian identification skills preferred.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is beneficial.
- The ability to work outdoors in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
Olsson is a nationally recognized, employee-owned firm specializing in planning and design, engineering, field services, environmental, and technology. Founded in 1956 on the very mindset that drives us today, we’re here to improve communities by making them more sustainable, better connected, and more efficient. Simply put, we work to leave the world better than we found it.
As an Olsson employee, you’ll receive our traditional benefits package (health care, vision, dental, paid time off, etc.), plus you’ll:
- Become an owner in the company after your first year through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Engage in work that has a positive impact in communities
- Receive an excellent 401(k) match
- Participate in a wellness program promoting balanced lifestyles
- Benefit from a bonus system that rewards performance
- Have the possibility for flexible work arrangements
Olsson is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
Application Link or Email : https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/Olsson/743999885971378-associate-scientist
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level