Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST) is a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States and Canada. We are seeking a full-time Associate Biologist – Wetland Specialist in the Southwest US. The position will provide mentorship and growth opportunity for early-career or mid-level biologists. All WEST scientists are supported by a team of technical and non-technical staff, setting employees up for success.
WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data. Since its founding in 1990, the WEST team has shaped the foundation of what we do, and what we believe in through our core values and key principles. Our work matters to our clients, communities, and the environment. Join WEST and discover a company of passionate, committed, and highly motivated individuals.
Please click here to see what benefits WEST offers!
The minimum base salary for the position is $52,000 and the maximum is $65,000, plus an annual bonus. Salary may vary based on education, knowledge, and experience.
Ideal candidates will have demonstrable experience and expertise in wetland and waterbody delineations in the Southwest in various wetland and waterbody types. Knowledge and experience working in the US Army Corps of Engineers Los Angeles District and through the Section 404 permit process, specifically Nationwide Permits, is of particular interest. Fieldwork, including travel and overnight stays will be regular, but office work will also form part of the mix. Additional experience may include general environmental planning and consulting, working on large scale projects, and collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams of biologists, resource specialists, and other technical and non-technical staff.
- Perform wetland delineation project work and support Section 404 or state-level permitting;
- Manage and support tasks related to natural resource field studies (e.g., wildlife, wetlands, etc.);
- Write technical reports that meeting client and regional agency standards;
- Perform quality checks to ensure WEST standards and client requirements are met;
- Conduct day-to-day administration of projects; and
- Help maintain WEST’s position as thought leaders in the environmental consulting market.
Other responsibilities may include (depending on the candidate’s experience):
- Develop and direct multi-disciplinary teams (including internal staff and external sub consultants) in completing environmental review for small, medium, and large-scale energy projects;
- Coordinate with local/state/federal agencies as necessary to develop relationships in support of permit submission and authorizations;
- Communicate with clients regarding their needs;
- Market WEST’s capabilities and prepare scopes of work, budget estimates and respond to proposal requests; and
- Foster current business relationships and promote new business development efforts.
This is a general description of the functions for this position and is not inclusive of all the duties which may be associated with this position.